Ecce Homo

 The Arch of Ecce Homo is located between the second and third stations of the cross.

According to tradition, the Ecce Homo Arch spans in the exact location where Pontius Pilate ordered Jesus Christ to be brought in front of the roaring crowd.

 

Pilate cried:''Ecce Homo'' which means in Latin: ''Behold the men’’. The Ecce Homo Arch is part of the Convent of the sisters of Zion, consists of a part of the Ecce Homo arch. It was built during the 2nd century by Emperor Hadrian and served as part of the entrance to the Forum of Aelia Capitolina. The Sisters of Zion Monastery was founded in 1857 by the Father Alphonse Ratisbonne, a French Jew who converted to Catholicism and became a Jesuit priest. This is the location of the church of ‘Ecce Homo’ and the Ecce Homo Arch. Including an exclusive interview with Sr. Trudy Nabuurs The sisters of Notre Dame De Sion

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Please reload

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Please reload